Loaded Crab Fries with Garlic Aioli
French fries are amazing because you can put anything on them and it’s the best thing ever. Thank God for potatoes!!! Out of the many variations that exist for French fries, I decided to try adding crab meat to mine and let me tell you – it did not disappoint!
1 lb seasoned fries – I used Checkers fries from the freezer at the grocery store… a WHOLE BAG (split up of course)!
8 oz lump crab meat – I used the store bought pre-made lump crab meat, but you can definitely steam your own crab legs for 5-7 minutes and pull the meat from them
½ cup – Mayonnaise
½ teaspoon – Red pepper flakes
1 ½ tablespoon – Lemon Juice
3-4 cloves of garlic (minced garlic can definitely be used instead ½ teaspoon of minced garlic = one clove)
2 tablespoons – Butter
To taste – Salt and pepper
Optional garnishes – chives or cilantro
- Cook the fries according to the package instructions
- While the fries are shakin’ and bakin’, make your garlic aioli sauce
- For the garlic aioli – mix the mayo, red pepper flakes, garlic cloves (2 minced cloves), salt, pepper, and lemon pepper flakes. Stir it up and put it off to the side.
- For the crab, you can heat it up one of these two ways
- Microwave – place the lump crab meat in a container with one clove of minced garlic and the butter. After heating it up for about one minute, remove it from the microwave and mix it
- Stovetop – put the crab meat in a slightly heated pan, along with the minced garlic and butter. Add a little extra butter to compensate for it cooking on the stove
- Remove the fries from the oven and place them on a dish
- Load up the crab meat onto the fries and then let it rain with your aioli drizzle, adding chives or cilantro to the top if you wish!